Fix site errors can't get reached - Most Google Chrome users often encounter site errors that can't be reached but don't know the cause and how to fix this error. The cause of this error is because the DNS resolution failed, leading to the inability to access the website. In this article we will show you how to fix a site that can't get reached on Google Chrome browser
Cause of site error can’t be reached
DNS is a network service that translates a website's name into an Internet address. This error usually occurs because there is no connection to the Internet or the network is configured incorrectly. It could also be due to an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network.
When the DNS server cannot convert a domain name to an IP address in a TCP / IP network, a DNS error will occur. DNS errors are usually caused by a misconfigured DNS address or because the Windows DNS is not working. So please follow the instructions below to fix the site can't be reached error on your Google Chrome browser.
Fix site can’t be reached in Google Chrome
Method 1: Change the DNS address
1. Right-click the Network icon in the system tray and click Open Network and Sharing Center.
2. Click Network Sharing Center Then click on your network connection.
3. Click Properties and double click on the left mouse button Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPv4).
4. Enter the following address in the DNS server:
5. Next press Ok -> Ok -> Close to complete the installation
Method 3: Try resetting TCP / IP
1. Open CMD with Admin rights.
2.Now run the following commands one after the other:
netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset
3. Next, you need to restart your computer to apply the changes.
Method 4: Run the network troubleshooter
1.Press the key combination Windows Key + R Then type ncpa.cpl and press Enter to open Network Connection.
2. Right-click on your Network connection and select Diagnose.
3.Please run the Network Troubleshooter and it will give you an error message if any, just click Try these repairs as an administrator and wait for the result
5. Restart the computer to apply changes if any.
Method 5: Reset Google Chrome settings
1.Open Google Chrome, then type in the address bar chrome: // flags/ and press enter.
2. In the next window, click Reset all to default.
3. Finally, restart the computer to apply the changes and launch Google Chrome.
Method 6: Reinstall Chrome
1. Go to the control panel and click on the line Uninstall a program, and uninstall Google Chrome from your PC.
- Right-click on Google Chrome and select Uninstall
2. Open the folder C: Users your_name AppData Local Google and delete everything in this directory.
- your_name: The name of your computer user, for example: C: Users hostvn AppData Local Google
3. Download the latest version of Google Chrome browser and reinstall.
4. Restart your computer, open Chrome and try again.
Through this article, we have instructed some measures to fix the site can’t be reached error on Google Chrome, if there is any contribution you can leave a comment below.
You may also want to read more of our other posts here